Regional Safety Manager
Saving Lives, one Life Safety System at a time.
- It takes the Best in each of us to bring out the Best in all of us –
Since 1993, Rapid Fire Protection has stamped our footprint in commercial, residential, and industrial fire suppression and detection. Through core values of integrity, commitment, and teamwork we take pride in providing safety and security with lifesaving systems designed and installed with people in mind.
At Rapid Fire Protection we are passionate about our customers, our team, and the value of the work we perform! We value results and relationships. More than a company, we pride ourselves in developing community among our team. We believe in what we do! It’s more than just a job, it’s a purpose!
THE ROLE – Regional Safety Manager
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, friendly person who is ready to join our team!
The primary responsibility of the Safety Manager is to monitor workplace activities to promote and ensure employee compliance with applicable safety regulations on Rapid Fire projects. The Regional Safety Manager will coordinate and implement policies and procedures with the company’s Safety Manager and area Regional Manager to facilitate effective safety operations within the Region.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Conducts employee training on applicable safety standards.
- Reviews safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Inspects safety equipment; recommends replacements.
- Collaborates with management to implements internal safety standards and policies.
- Reviews accidents and incidents reported by employees and visitors to the facility.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Provides technical and administrative support to the safety committee.
- Coordinating compliance and processes with the Regional Manager and company Safety Manager on the company’s fleet program; including vehicle insurance and accidents within the region.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards. Has a working knowledge of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and how it applies to the company policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to travel throughout jobs sites to conduct safety inspections.
- Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs. and work at excessive heights up to and including 100 feet.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel and have a flexible work schedule.
- Team oriented focus.
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four years of related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety, Environmental Health, or related safety field preferred.
- Competitive Pay Package and bonus eligibility based on experience.
- Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Health Insurance for employees
- Group Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K with 4% company match