Colorado Springs, CO
Project Manager / Designer
Saving Lives, one Life Safety System at a time.
- It takes the Best in each of us to bring out the Best in all of us -
Since 1993, Rapid Fire Protection has stamped our footprint in commercial, residential, and industrial fire suppression and detection. Through core values of integrity, commitment, and teamwork we take pride in providing safety and security with lifesaving systems designed and installed with people in mind.
At Rapid Fire Protection we are passionate about our customers, our team, and the value of the work we perform! We value results and relationships. More than a company, we pride ourselves in developing community among our team. We believe in what we do! It’s more than just a job, it’s a purpose!
THE ROLE – Project Manager / Designer
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, friendly person who is ready to join our team!
The Project Manager/Designer holds overall management responsibility for all aspects of fire protection construction projects from conception through systems functioning as intended. Oversees or conducts design, scheduling, planning, actual construction, expediting, inspection, quality control, and total delivery of the project according to established criteria. Responsible for tracking, forecasting, and communicating all costs, profits, and financial measures of the project. Through coordination with the site superintendent, organize and manage all the elements involved in construction - labor, temporary and permanent materials, equipment, supplies, utilities, and time.
JOB DUTIES (include but not limited to)
- Project Manage and Design all types of water-based fire sprinkler systems.
- System layout and design, ensuring compliance with local, state, and national codes and standards as well as look for value engineering opportunities
- Material buyout and product selection
- Scheduling and manpower coordination with both office and field personnel alike
- Document control, contract scope review and maintaining records of the project for both current and future use
- Communication and attendance of weekly design and project management meetings
- Cost management including identifying changes to the project scope that impact costs as well as ensure change orders and billings are submitted and paid in a timely manner
- Assist with development, suitability, and implementation of Risk Hazard Analyses
- Site survey, onsite commissioning, and owners training
- Foster strong working relationships and rapport with customers, clients, subcontractors, and colleagues
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other applicable degree from a technical school or college or equivalent combined with on-the-job design and PM experience. NICET certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability with AutoCAD and/or AutoSprink design programs
- Working knowledge of fire sprinkler and fire alarm systems preferred but not required
- Self-motivated and able to fluidly handle multiple tasks and projects congruently
- Works well with others in a team atmosphere
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team oriented, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel overnight and work out of town if required
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Competitive Pay Package and bonus eligibility based on experience
- Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Health Insurance for employees
- Group Dental, Vision Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401K with 4% company match
- Eligibility for productivity bonuses