Fire Sprinkler Salesperson
Saving Lives, one life safety system at a time.
-It takes the Best in each of us to bring out the Best in all of us –
Since 1993, Rapid Fire Protection has stamped our footprint in commercial, residential, and industrial fire suppression and detection. Through core values of integrity, commitment, and teamwork we take pride in providing safety and security with lifesaving systems designed and installed with people in mind.
At Rapid Fire Protection we are passionate about our customers, our team, and the value of the work we perform! We value results and relationships. More than a company, we pride ourselves in developing community among our team. We believe in what we do! It’s more than just a job, it’s a purpose!
THE ROLE – Fire Sprinkler Salesperson
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, friendly person who is ready to join our team!
The Estimator/Salesperson holds the responsibility for contracting profitable work and building relationships with new accounts as well as maintain and continuing to sell to existing accounts within in the region of focus that aligns with Rapid Fire’s goals of profitability and sustainability for operations.
JOB DUTIES (include but not limited to)
- Understands construction fundamentals while being able to read and comprehend construction documents.
- Perform tasks that may be repetitive such downloading documents, setting up folders, completing excel and word documents.
- Works closely with other sales staff to complete estimates efficiently and on time.
- Data entry for companywide job tracking purposes.
- Responsible for preliminary system layout and design for estimating of projects.
- Client interface as required.
- Communication with AHJ or other governing agencies.
- Responsible for writing and submitting RFIs during the bidding phase of the project.
- Expected to be technically proficient in applicable design standards and codes.
- Drafting knowledge/experience in AutoSprink or SprinkCAD preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Rapid Fire Protection’s Bid sheet and Estimating tools and forms.
- Attendance of RFP sales meetings as mandated by his/her manager.
- Responsible for code research related to a specific project as required.
- Review and monitor online plan room services for future project opportunities.
- Complete and maintain contractor and owner pre-qualification forms as required.
- Manage project portal websites ie. Bid Clerk, Gov.Spend etc.
- Attendance of Trade Shows to include set up and tear down of booths, working the booth during exhibition hours.
- Entertaining clients as required. This can include but not limited to breakfast meetings, lunch and learn sales presentations, dinners or other social activities.
- Occasional to moderate Domestic travel as required.
- Establish and maintain a continuing positive relationship with new and existing accounts.
- Identifies and analyzes customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts.
- Provide regular feedback and reports regarding performance.
- Acts as company representative with potential customers and clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of industry specific experience required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability and track record of performing work and meeting deadlines with minimum to no supervision.
- Coordinate and work well with others.
- Willingness to develop sales and customer service skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills- written and verbal.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or SprinkCAD is preferred.
- College Business or Engineering degree preferred.
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
Competitive Pay Package and bonus eligibility based on experience
- Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Health Insurance for employees
- Group Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K with 4% company match