Fire Sprinkler Pipe Fitter
Saving Lives, one Life Safety System at a time.
-It takes the Best in each of us to bring out the Best in all of us –
Since 1993, Rapid Fire Protection has stamped our footprint in commercial, residential, and industrial fire suppression and detection. Through core values of integrity, commitment, and teamwork we take pride in providing safety and security with lifesaving systems designed and installed with people in mind.
At Rapid Fire Protection we are passionate about our customers, our team, and the value of the work we perform! We value results and relationships. More than a company, we pride ourselves in developing community among our team. We believe in what we do! It’s more than just a job, it’s a purpose!
THE ROLE - Fire Sprinkler Pipe Fitter
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, friendly person who is ready to join our team!
Fire Sprinkler Fitters specialize in the installation, repair, and maintenance of fire suppression systems. Join our team to advance your skills and value by mastering a trade! Work full time while progressing through a registered apprenticeship program. Advancement through the program brings pay increases in addition to taking active steps to become a Journeyman Fire Sprinkler Fitter!
JOB DUTIES (include but not limited to)
- Picking and sorting of pipe, fittings and hardware associated with the building construction trades
- Cleaning and prepping sprinkler pipe, hauling pipe, fittings, and hardware to installation location
- Load and/or unloading trucks manually or with motorized lifts
- Measure, cut and groove/thread sprinkler pipe to specifications
- Cutting and drilling penetrations through walls and floors for pipe
- Inspect tools, cords and ladder/lifts as needed per Foreman’s direction
- Assist with inventory of construction materials on job sights and office/shop areas
- Maintain a clean job site that could include sweeping, picking up loose materials, cleaning and organizing the work area and equipment
- Read Blueprints for job site installation
- Driving company vehicles (½ and ¾ ton pickups)
- Climbing ladders to assist with installation of sprinkler pipe
- Compliance with any stipulations set by the General Contractor enabling onsite installation
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel and have a flexible work schedule
- This is a physically demanding job requiring heavy lifting, prolonged standing, overhead reaching, ladder climbing, as well as working on scaffolding or lifts at excessive heights
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Team oriented focus
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Pay based on trade related experience
- Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Health Insurance for employees
- Group Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K with 4% company match
- Eligibility for productivity bonuses