Salt Lake City, UT
Fire Sprinkler Journeyman
Saving Lives, one Life Safety System at a time.
-It takes the Best in each of us to bring out the Best in all of us –
Since 1993, Rapid Fire Protection has stamped our footprint in commercial, residential, and industrial fire suppression and detection. Through core values of integrity, commitment, and teamwork we take pride in providing safety and security with lifesaving systems designed and installed with people in mind.
At Rapid Fire Protection we are passionate about our customers, our team, and the value of the work we perform! We value results and relationships. More than a company, we pride ourselves in developing community among our team. We believe in what we do! It’s more than just a job, it’s a purpose!
THE ROLE – Fire Sprinkler Journeyman
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, friendly person who is ready to join our team!
Our Journeymen oversee the installation of fire sprinkler systems on various construction job sites.
JOB DUTIES (include but not limited to)
- Ensure that a Job-Start Meeting is conducted with the Labor Superintendent and Project Manager prior to starting any new projects
- Picking and sorting of pipe, fittings and hardware associated with the Fire Protection trade
- Hauling pipe, fittings, and hardware from staging areas to installation location
- Load and/or unloading trucks manually or with motorized lifts
- Measure, cut and groove/thread sprinkler pipe to specifications
- Cutting and drilling penetrations through walls and floors for pipe
- Ability to read/interpret Blueprints
- Driving company vehicles (½ and ¾ ton pickups).
- Train apprentices and laborers on job specific tasks and direct tasks performed at the job site
- Conduct safety meetings as required per Safety Officer, General Contractor, or project specification
- Serve as the on-site supervisor, while maintaining a positive image representing Rapid Fire
- Perform periodic quality control and safety checks
- Assist with any change orders submitted between Rapid Fire Project Managers and the General Contractor
- Coordinate with other trades to ensure code compliant installation of the fire protection system
- Coordinate with General Contractors and Project Managers to ensure established schedules are met
- Coordinate with the General Contractor to determine the appropriate location for storing and staging materials
- Maintain working red-lined and highlighted blue prints and update the Project Manager with daily/weekly progress
- Schedule periodic and required inspections with local Building Inspectors
- Schedule final acceptance test for finished fire protection systems with the owner
- Train owners regarding the proper maintenance of the installed fire protection systems
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the trade
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel and have a flexible work schedule
- This is a physically demanding job requiring heavy lifting, prolonged standing, overhead reaching, ladder climbing, as well as working on scaffolding or lifts at excessive heights
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Team oriented focus
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Pay based on trade related experience
- Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Health Insurance for employees
- Group Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K with 4% company match
- Eligibility for productivity bonuses