Fire Sprinkler Inspector / Service Fitter
Saving Lives, one Life Safety System at a time.
- It takes the Best in each of us to bring out the Best in all of us –
Since 1993, Rapid Fire Protection has stamped our footprint in commercial, residential, and industrial fire suppression and detection. Through core values of integrity, commitment, and teamwork we take pride in providing safety and security with lifesaving systems designed and installed with people in mind.
At Rapid Fire Protection we are passionate about our customers, our team, and the value of the work we perform! We value results and relationships. More than a company, we pride ourselves in developing community among our team. We believe in what we do! It’s more than just a job, it’s a purpose.
THE ROLE – Fire Sprinkler Inspector / Service Fitter
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, friendly person who is ready to join our team!
The Fire Sprinkler Inspector / Service Fitter will inspect, maintain, and repair life safety systems. This person should be a self-motivated individual, with customer service skills, strong organizational skills, strong written and verbal communications, and exercise effective time management.
JOB DUTIES (include but not limited to)
- Inspect, maintain, or repair life safety systems or related equipment
- Complete pre-scheduled inspections
- Identify and document deficiencies and complete accurate work orders
- Perform Daywork repairs, back-flow retrofits, and service work in accordance with local and national standards
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine material requirements and installation procedures
- Consult with clients to assess risks and to determine life safety requirements
- Work with the Project Managers and Sales Estimating Department when replacement parts are needed
- Prepare documents, such as service work orders, inspection, or final project completion forms
- Work with the Sales and Estimating Department to provide customers with cost estimates for repair, replacement, or installation of equipment
- Assists installing contractors and maintenance people with technical troubleshooting
- Willing to be on-call, via rotation
- Journeymen Fitter License or be able to obtain within 90 days
- Backflow License (ABPA / ASSE) or able to obtain within 90 days
- Highly motivated, energetic team-oriented individual
- Customer oriented interpersonal skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to understand and interpret codes, standards, and plans
- Ability to travel and have a flexible work schedule
- Must be able to effectively use a pipe machine and other common pipe fitting tools
- Must be able to use general hand tools and power tools safely and effectively
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Pay based on trade related experience
- Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Health Insurance for employees
- Group Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K with 4% company match
- Eligibility for productivity bonuses
- Company paid manufacturer training and certification courses