Rapid City, SD
Saving Lives, one Life Safety System at a time.
- It takes the Best in each of us to bring out the Best in all of us -
Since 1993, Rapid Fire Protection has stamped our footprint in commercial, residential, and industrial fire suppression and detection. Through core values of integrity, commitment, and teamwork we take pride in providing safety and security with lifesaving systems designed and installed with people in mind.
At Rapid Fire Protection we are passionate about our customers, our team, and the value of the work we perform! We value results and relationships. More than a company, we pride ourselves in developing community among our team. We believe in what we do! It’s more than just a job, it’s a purpose!
THE ROLE – Estimator
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, friendly person who is ready to join our team!
This entry level position can be a gateway to various opportunities for growth. This role partners with sales team members to deliver competent estimates for various types of projects across a wide expanse of markets. A successful candidate will be trained to analyze construction documents and operate CAD programs, to include AutoSPRINK and Bluebeam Revu, to assemble sprinkler system layouts that assist in the estimate. The Estimator is expected to gain introductory knowledge of NFPA Standards and Codes regarding Fire Sprinkler applications to be able to research and apply these codes to their estimate layouts. As skill and knowledge base grows opportunities for growth will multiply.
JOB DUTIES (include but not limited to)
- Demonstrates the ability to understand construction fundamentals while being able to read, comprehend and organize construction documents.
- Perform critical tasks such as downloading documents, setting up folders, completing excel and word documents.
- Coordinates with the salesperson to identify key information to be obtained from the project customer, general contractor or owner.
- Must demonstrate the capability to quickly learn computer platforms such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, and Power BI.
- Works as part of a team to complete estimates efficiently and accurately.
- Effectively manages time to identify milestones and meet deadlines.
- Data entry for companywide job tracking purposes.
- Ability to operate programs such as AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, and Microsoft platforms to the level typically found with a (2) Two-year Associates degree is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of construction typically found with CTE or (2) Two-year Associates degree preferred, but not required.
- Proven ability to track, record and perform work while meeting deadlines with minimum to no supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to coordinate and work well with others as part of a team.
- Must possess effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Salary based upon experience and qualifications
- Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Health Insurance for employees
- Group Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K with 4% company match
- Eligibility for productivity bonuses