Rapid City, SD
Saving Lives, one Life Safety System at a time.
- It takes the Best in each of us to bring out the Best in all of us –
Since 1993, Rapid Fire Protection has stamped our footprint in commercial, residential, and industrial fire suppression and detection. Through core values of integrity, commitment, and teamwork we take pride in providing safety and security with lifesaving systems designed and installed with people in mind.
At Rapid Fire Protection we are passionate about our customers, our team, and the value of the work we perform! We value results and relationships. More than a company, we pride ourselves in developing community among our team. We believe in what we do! It’s more than just a job, it’s a purpose!
THE ROLE – Designer
Operate CAD equipment to provide complex layouts of fire sprinkler systems, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams. Possesses a solid understanding of design and drafting techniques and utilizes these skills in the development of fire sprinkler layouts and systems. Apply fire protection codes and standards to the design of fire sprinkler systems, water supplies, pumps, standpipes, foam systems, and water storage tanks.
- Review construction drawings, specifications and other applicable documents to determine requirements and/or feasibility of project.
- Interacts with vendors and customers on engineering design issues. Must be able to work with customers to define and document requirements, address technical concerns, and provide project status.
- Perform tasks repetitive in nature such as sprinkler layout, drawing cleanup, and stock listing projects for material ordering
- Check design work with contract documents including layout, form, fit, function, materials, specification callouts, geometrics, dimensioning, and other output. Confers with project managers and estimating staff to determine design modifications and coordinates changes.
- Perform preliminary and advanced work in development of working layouts and final master drawings.
- Assist with the preparation of proposal documentation, technical data such as qualification test procedures, reports, component maintenance manuals, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of fire sprinkler and fire alarm systems preferred but not required
- Proven ability and track record of performing work and meeting deadlines
- Team oriented focus
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- AS or BS Degree in an Engineering Field preferred
- NICET certification preferred but not required
- Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Health Insurance for employees
- Group Dental, Vision Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401K with 4% company match
- Eligibility for productivity bonuses