Saving Lives, one Life Safety System at a time.
- It takes the Best in each of us to bring out the Best in all of us -
Since 1993, Rapid Fire Protection has stamped our footprint in commercial, residential and industrial fire suppression and detection. Through core values of integrity, commitment and teamwork we take pride in providing safety and security with lifesaving systems designed and installed with people in mind.
At Rapid Fire Protection we are passionate about our customers, our team and the value of the work we perform! We value results and relationships. More than a company, we pride ourselves in developing community among our team. We believe in what we do! It’s more than just a job, it’s a purpose!
THE ROLE - Alarm Technician
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, friendly person who is ready to join our team!
The Alarm Technician will install, maintain and repair life safety systems and fire alarm equipment. This person should be a self-motivated individual, with customer service skills, strong written and verbal communications.
- Install, maintain, or repair life safety systems, alarm devices, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Mount and terminate control panels, and various electronic components.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms and how they are related to non-maintenance of the systems.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Examine systems to locate problems, such as loose connections, ground faults or broken wiring. Assist electrical contractor to correct system deficiencies.
- Test backup batteries, life safety system functions, life safety devices, or other electronic features to ensure proper functioning or to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine material requirements and installation procedures.
- Consult with clients to assess risks and to determine life safety requirements.
- Adjust life safety and electronic building system requirements, based on current Local AHJ requirements, customer requests, electrical engineer designs and manufacturers' recommendations, using laptop computer software and programming concepts.
- Keep informed of new products and developments.
- Work with the Project Managers and Sales Estimating Department when replacement parts are needed.
- Prepare documents, such as service work orders or final project completion forms.
- Work with the Sales and Estimating Department to provide customers with cost estimates for repair, replacement or installation of equipment.
- Assists installing contractors and maintenance people with technical troubleshooting.
- Work with the Sales and Estimating Department to provide customers with cost analysis for repair, replacement or installation of equipment.
- Highly motivated, energetic team oriented individual
- Low voltage background preferred, but not required
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel and have a flexible work schedule
- Working Knowledge of low voltage electronic systems, devices and components
- Licensed in CO Springs to perform alarm inspections or able to obtain within 60 days
- Willing to perform testing and maintenance procedures
- Skills to use electronic devices: Laptop for programming and tablet to record and transmit documents
- Team oriented focus
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Pay based on trade related experience
- Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Health Insurance for employees
- Group Dental, Vision Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401K with 4% company match
- Eligibility for productivity bonuses
- Company paid manufacturer training and certification courses